Sunday, January 16, 2011

Done!

Yippee!! I’m done. Well, I started this Needlepoint work 5 months ago. Can you believe it!! Five months. It was a 16 by 11 inch needlepoint kit by Dimensions-crafts. It is the first time I am doing needlepoint, and when I started it, I did not have a clue that it would take me this long. 
I rarely watched TV without doing some stitches, and there were few days when I did not spend some time with it. I guess my family got pretty much used to seeing it around. My father would be like – err..Why don’t you give a bit of rest to your eyes, my brother would yell – why have you kept this stuff of yours it in my favorite spot in the sofa yet again? And the maid who helped clean the house every weekend would be like – Still not done, eh?  
































Two things that help me unwind are baking and needlework. And this one had been with me through sickness and health, ups and downs, good TV programs and bad ones, the monsoons and fine weather, and all those long evenings with nothing to do. Well, so finally, I am done with it, and I guess I’m not going to do another needlepoint in a while.
























Now got to do a bit of ironing for the canvas and then off to get it framed for my wall.

1 comment: